As home inspectors in NE Tennessee and SW Virginia we have been helping home sellers, home buyers, and local Realtors for over 12 years.
Our inspection area includes Sullivan, Johnson, Washington, and Unicoi Counties. We offer honest and open communication, and a comprehensive report that is very detailed and completely accurate regarding the condition of the home. We understand that clients place their trust in our knowledge and inspection abilities, and this trust is extremely valued and highly regarded.
Over A Decade Of Home Inspection Experience
- We have been providing professional home inspections for over a decade, and during this time we have conducted more than 3,000 home inspections.
- We are viewed as one of the top home inspection firms in NE Tennessee and SW Virginia, and we have extensive inspection experience.
- We have inspected homes of all values, styles, and types, and we can inspect homes of all ages, from new construction to older homes with historic features.
A thorough home inspection, excellent customer service, and an inspector that is honest, knowledgeable, and courteous is what we provide every client. Our commitment to our customers is what sets us apart, and what has helped us build up a trusted reputation in the local community.
Other Services We Can Provide
We offer customers other inspection related services, as well as a thorough home inspection. These services can be added to the home inspection or they can be scheduled individually.
- Radon Testing
- Pre-Listing Inspections
A home inspection generally takes from two to four hours, and the specific amount of time required will depend on the home being inspected. Once the inspection is complete a comprehensive report will be printed on site, together with any color pictures from the inspection. Clients are encouraged to attend the home inspection and participate in the process, asking any questions that may occur. We are available even if questions come up after the inspector has left the site, and a quick phone call will get the answers needed.
Positive Industry Recognition And Community Respect
As the local Pillar To Post home inspector in NE Tennessee and SW Virginia Tom Hatley Jr. and Chris Cook have earned positive industry recognition and the respect of the community.
- Tom Hatley Jr. and Chris Cook are Certified Pillar To Post Home Inspectors.
- Tom is the owner of the local Pillar To Post franchise.
- Chris is Tom's Partner in the Pillar To Post franchise.
- Tom is an American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Certified Inspector, # 204405.
- Tom Hatley is a Tennessee State Licensed Home Inspector, #107.
- Tom is also a Tennessee State Licensed Contractor, #00044378.
- Tom is a Certified Nation Radon Proficiency Technician, #102440 RT
- Tom Hatley is a member of the Nation Radon Proficiency Program.
- Tom belongs to the American Society of Home Inspectors.
- Tom is a member of the East Tennessee American Society of Home Inspectors.
- Tom Hatley also belongs to the Kingsport Home Builders Association.
- Tom has been a Pillar To Post Inspector since 1999.
- Tom worked for 15 years for a government contractor before joining Pillar To Post.
- Chris Graduated ETSU with a double major in business management and finance
- Chris worked in the mortgage industry and as a real estate agent in the area
Feedback From Our Customers
We receive feedback from our customers regularly, and utilize follow up surveys and a third party rating system to ensure that we live up to the highest standards in the home inspection industry. Our customer service rating is high, and client comments are positive about our services. Our clients respond that we are very reliable, and that we provide essential information on the condition, operation, and maintenance of the home.
Realtors in the local community report that we offer a very quick response time, and this can be very helpful in a number of situations. We are trusted to take care of the clients referred to us professionally, and our honesty is greatly appreciated. Both clients and real estate agents comment on the professional reports, and say that they are easy to read and informative.